You still have access to all the benefits of AppClose, along with the ability to communicate and send information to the other co-parent through the app. Or, simply use the app to share useful information with family members, caregivers, or other professionals.
To add a Co-parent, click on your profile (bottom right) tab.
Tap the orange plus “+” sign and select “Co-parent”.
Enter the name for the Co-Parent.
If your co-parent hasn’t connected with you yet, or if he/she chooses not to use the app, this co-parent will show that he/she is “not connected.”
To send an event to a non-connected co-parent:
- Select the calendar icon (bottom, middle tab).
- Choose the event date and click on it.
3. Tap the orange plus “+”sign to add a new event on the chosen date.
4. Once on the “Add an event” page you will need to:
- Create a title (e.g. Dylan’s birthday);
- Select a child (e.g. Dylan);
- Select with whom to share the event (e.g. Julia);
- Select the event’s location (e.g. Home Slice Pizza);
- Choose the start and end date(s) and time(s);
- Choose a repeat option as it applies;
- Set a reminder (optional);
- Add any notes in the memo section (optional); and
- Attach a document or photo (optional).
5. Once you’ve entered all of the necessary information, press“Create”and you will be given options for selecting a recipient and sending this event to your co-parent.
- Select a recipient (e.g. Julia).
7. Choose how you would like to send the request to your co-parent (e.g. via text, email, social media, etc.).
8. Once you send an event, your co-parent will be notified that they have a new AppClose event to view. In order to open a new event, your co-parent will need to tap on the link provided and select “Add to calendar” to add the event to his/her calendar.
9.You can now click on the event date and view this event in your calendar.